Join us for the Fourth Annual CELI in support of a future run on clean energy!
The 2018 Run for Clean Energy is a bi-coastal event to build community around leaders in the clean energy economy. Teams from Washington DC & the Bay Area will compete to raise funds for the Clean Energy Leadership Institute, a professional development organization dedicated to empowers diverse and effective leaders across the clean energy sector. Register here.
When: Sunday, May 6, 2018 from 8:30am – 12:30pm (local time)
Washington DC Location: Canal Park, 200 M Street SE, Washington, DC 20003 (View Map)
Bay Area Location: Lake Merritt Amphitheater, 12th Street and 1st Ave., Lake Merritt Blvd, Oakland, CA 94612 (View Map)
Participant registration is $30 (includes event tee-shirt). 100% of registration fees and fundraised dollars go toward The Clean Energy Leadership Institute, a 501(c)3 professional development organization dedicated to empowering the next generation of clean energy leaders.
Support CELI by signing up for the 2018 Run for Clean Energy 5k: CELI is celebrating five years of training young professionals leading the clean energy revolution while working to develop sustainable solutions that combat climate change. The Run for Clean Energy 5k will help provide us with funding to increase our impact throughout the clean energy sector, and expand our resources and areas of influence to support a greater number of emerging energy professionals.
Your support is critically important now more than ever – In 2018, CELI is offering several programs, including our signature Fellowship Training Program, Energy 101 Bootcamps, and a first-ever conference to showcase diverse emerging leaders across the clean energy industry.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) How do I get started? Want to participate? Start by registering here on Eventbrite. Then, you will be re-directed to Crowdrise to create personal page, join or create a team and get sponsors. Can’t join but want to sponsor a participant or team? Click here for details. If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Is there a Fundraising Minimum Requirement? While there is no fundraising requirement, we strongly encourage individual fundraisers to set a fundraising goal of at least $100, and teams to set a fundraising goal of $1,000.
There are lots of ways to raise money! Here is an example way to easily raise $500 for our cause:
1. Donate to yourself. It all begins with you!
2. Ask 4 family members to donate $25.00 each.
3. Ask 4 friends to donate $25 each.
4. Ask 4 co-workers to donate $25 each.
5. Ask your boss for a company contribution of $100.
6. Ask 2 local business you frequent to donate $25 each.
Use social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Send an e-blast and share what you are doing. Include your personal fundraising page link as well, so they can donate immediately. Ask friends for $25! Try choosing a different group of friends to target each week. The key is volume. $25 a person adds up quickly
3) How can my sponsors submit payment? Online contributions can be made by credit card on the runner’s personalized page found on our Crowdrise page. Just make sure to tell your sponsors to select your name from the list of runners.
4) Is parking available? There is ample street parking available at both locations. But, we strongly encourage everyone to carpool, take a ride-share, or bike.
- WASHINGTON DC: Canal Park is located at Canal Park, 200 M Street SE, Washington, DC 20003. The race will begin in the park, and take place around the Navy Yard neighborhood. View Map.
- BAY AREA: Lake Merritt is located in downtown Oakland. The race will start and end at the amphitheater between 12th Street and 1st Ave., Lake Merritt Blvd, Oakland, CA 94612. View Map.
5) What are the Race Options and Schedules? There are two options, a 5k run or walk. These will take place rain or shine at 9:00 am local time. The run begins at 9:00 am. However, we strongly encourage everyone to arrive at 8:30 am to pick-up race shirts and warm-up. Please note: This is a Fun Run and will not be officially timed.
6) What happens after the run? Immediately following the run/walk, we will announce prizes, including fastest runner, highest fundraiser, and maybe even cutest dog. Both races are in beautiful city parks. There will have food, drinks and community fun after the race – make a day of it! We know we will.
7) Are there prizes available for participants? Yes! This year, we are offering prize for (1) Top Male & Female Finishers; (2) Most Creative Team Name; and (3) Top Company and Friends Team Fundraisers. Each participant will also receive a raffle ticket for other great prizes.
8) Where do I pick up my shirt? Shirts will be ready for pick-up on the day of the race at the registration table.
9) Is there a refund/exchange policy? Yes. If a donation was made accidentally or for the wrong amount, simply make us aware of the issue and we will be happy to make any necessary refunds, changes or corrections. Race registration fees are not refundable.