Applicant Information: Fellowship Training Program
Fellowship Application Information
The Clean Energy Leaders Fellowship is a highly selective education and leadership training organization for young professionals who exhibit strong leadership potential and are committed to advancing the clean energy economy. CELI Fellows are required to complete the 14-week Fellowship Training Program (FTP), which provides graduates with a strong foundation knowledge in energy market principals and policy analysis.
DC and SF Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 @ 11:59pm PST
Who should apply?
For each Fellowship class, CELI brings together a group of dedicated, passionate and engaged young professionals who have the desire to advance the clean energy economy and the aptitude to be a next-generation leader.
Competitive applicants will possess:
- Passion for the future of clean energy and conviction that a new generation of leaders is needed to advance the transition to a clean energy economy.
- Aspiration to lead and a commitment to deepen their knowledge of clean energy policy, regulation, finance, and innovation. These are individuals who understand the importance of collaboration and actively seek out others whose expertise may be outside their own.
- Belief in the value of a strong community, especially as it may serve to enhance personal and professional goals. CELI members are committed to building ties and friendships that will endure throughout their professional lives.
- For each class, we seek individuals with unique backgrounds and a vision for the future. They can demonstrate this in a multitude of ways:
- Policy expertise in government, academia, non-profit or law
- Business acumen or analytical skills in for-profit companies and organizations
- Communications expertise from consulting, speech writing, and journalism
- Grassroots organizing and advocacy
- Entrepreneurship and business development
CELI FELLOWSHIP: TIMELINES & REQUIREMENTS
Fall 2017 applications are open as of June 19th for both DC and San Francisco. Please e-mail our recruitment manager, Austin Ditz, with any questions at email@example.com.
|June 19, 2017||Application Released|
|July 19, 2017 @ 11:59 PM PST||Application Deadline|
|August 7 – August 17, 2017||Candidate Interviews (by invitation)|
|August 23, 2017||Applicant Notification|
|September 9, 2017||All-Day Orientation (mandatory)|
|December 9, 2017||Half-Day Leadership Training|
To be considered for the Fall 2017 Fellowship Training Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Submit the $15 application fee
- Reside in the Washington, D.C. or San Francisco Bay Area for the duration of the 14-week program;
- Meet application deadline and attend an in-person interview, if selected;
- Have fewer than five years (generally) of professional experience in clean energy.
To remain in the CELI network, Fellows must meet the following requirements:
- Pay the Fellowship Training Program fee (see schedule below);
- Attend the Fellowship Training Program Orientation;
- Attend at least 12 of 14 core curriculum sessions (held weekly on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm).
CELI Fellowship Training Fee (can be paid in full or installments)
Standard: $500; Non-profit/Government: $300
We will work to ensure that no candidate or member is barred from participating in CELI based on his or her ability to pay. Scholarships are available. CELI’s training program may be covered through an employer’s professional development funds. We highly recommend applicants discuss with their employer to determine available funds. For convenience, see this attachment: celi-network-and-program-overview-2017. This document may be used to inform employers about the program and justify professional development budget expenses.
If accepted, the Leadership Team will work with everyone individually to determine payment requirements, including scholarship eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t afford the program fee?
Financial need shouldn’t hold you back from applying. If accepted into the program, you can contact our Leadership Team to discuss scholarship options. Financial concerns are handled on an individual basis; our Leadership Team will handle this process with utmost respect and discretion.
What is the interview process like?
Qualified applicants will be invited to sign up for a 30-minute, in-person interview held in the evening (6:00 – 9:00 PM). Members of our community conduct the interviews. The purpose of these interviews is to get to know you better as a potential Fellow, as well as answer any of your questions about the program. What are the weekly training sessions like? Our weekly training sessions are held every Wednesday evening from 6:30 – 8:30 PM. The sessions are typically a lecture format followed by a Q&A. Each class has no more than 28 Fellows. Each session is followed by an optional post-lecture happy hour to further the conversation and foster connections.
If I don’t work in the clean energy sector, should I still apply?
Yes, however, we strongly prefer individuals looking to transition into clean the energy sector who would benefit from our program and network. In addition, we strongly prefer individuals who stay abreast of clean energy topics and have a functional understanding of the issues.
Are there events I can attend if I am not a Fellow?
Yes; CELI will host several recruitment events that are a great opportunity to meet current Fellows and ask questions about the program/application. We also host educational events (i.e. panel discussions, etc.). Please sign up for our newsletter to hear about these events.
Click here to apply now for the Fall 2017 Fellowship Program!